33 days Paleo done – what next? Salad with gravlax.
So my challenge is over. I was healthy for all 33 days. And you know, I enjoyed it. I haven’t felt so great a very long time – full of energy and happy. My knees don’t hurt most of the time, but my elbow does 🙁 seems I got the tennis player elbow now 🙁
I don’t feel bloated, I don’t crave for chocolate and sweets. I don’t feel like falling asleep middle of the day at the office. So everything is better, but I know that it’s so easy to go back to your old ways. Some reason we forget so quickly about benefits of being healthy.
Now on I will try to continue Paleo way and occasionally treat myself with homemade cake and glass of wine. I will have some grains when testing new recipes, but generally I will try to stay off the bread, pasta and rice.
I made this salad one evening, when I didn’t’ t have to cook for the rest of the family. Unfortunately my children are not very keen of big plates of salad and fish. My husband will eat a bit as he knows it is good for him, but I love it!
You need to make gravlax 2-3 days before you plan to eat it. And yes, this version includes some sugar, but it’s lovely and it’s my treat – I could eat this with one go – no problem.
- Chop one big punch of dill finely and mix half of it with 4 tbsp. of sea salt and 4 tbsp. of sugar.
- Take a half of the 1 kg salmon fillet and put skinside-down on the container (lined with big piece of cling film and leave the cling film drop over the edges), which base is covered with another half of the chopped dill.
- Take half of the salt-sugar mixture and rub into the salmon, sprinkle with freshly grinded pepper, little mustard seeds and allspice.
- Do same with another half of the salmon and then fold it top of the another piece of salmon (leave skin-side out)
- Wrap the cling film tightly around it and place to the fridge for next 3 days.
- When ready slice salmon very finely and enjoy!
- Don’t forget to lick your fingers 🙂
1 tomato, quartered
1/2 celery stalk, chopped
thorn iceberg leaves
big red or black grapes, halved
1 slice of lemon, finely chopped
3 walnuts, chopped